Duke University has a graduate level exchange with Potsdam University open to all students who have passed their preliminary examinations and demonstrate facility in German sufficient for advanced university-level work.
To apply for the exchange, please provide no later than February 15 the following:
- A 1-2 pp. Statement describing your dissertation project and how it will benefit from the resources offered at Potsdam University and its environs.
- Evidence (email correspondence) of academic support from at least one professor/researcher at Potsdam University.
- A brief statement from the Language Program Director of German attesting to sufficient language competency.
- A brief letter of endorsement from your dissertation director. If the dissertation director is endorsing more than one student s/he must rank the candidates.
- An email endorsement from your DGS; the DGS should review of the components listed above (#1-4) and send them on with his/her brief endorsement to Dr. Kata Gellen, Director of Graduate Exchange Programs in Germany: firstname.lastname@example.orgFinal approval is given by the Dean of the Graduate School.
All documentation should be submitted via email with the subject line [Applicant] Potsdam University Exchange to email@example.com Applicants will be notified by mid-March.